About This File
Step by Step procedure for issue of Birth Certificate
- The application forms are available free of cost from the office of The Registrar (Births & Deaths) (Download Form)
- The fully filled application form duly signed by the applicant is submitted to the Registrar Births & Deaths.
- The cashier/ clerk/ computer operator receives the application with required fee and applicant is given a receipt. This fee can also be paid in treasury on treasury challan form T.R.6.
- The required certificate can be collected personally or by post giving self addressed envelope with the application.
- Any member of the family can apply for this Certificate
Check List of Documents
- Application Form
- Fee Receipt/ Copy of Challan if paid in Treasury.
- Verification Procedures
- Details mentioned in the form are verified from the actual records of nursing homes and hospitals in case of birth. In case the birth is not registered within 21 days then the registration is made on verification conducted through revenue authorities. For registering Birth after one year, the registration takes place in the court of the SDM.
Prescribed Time Schedule
- The Birth Certificate is issued to the applicant in 7 working days.
- Addresses of Concerned Officers
- Civil Surgeon cum District Registrar, Births and Deaths at District Level for Rural Area.
- Executive Officer/ Local Registrar, Births and Deaths in Municipal Committee for Urban Area.
- Fee for one copy of Certificate: Rs. 21/-
- Search fees for one year : Rs. 2/-
Registrar ( Birth and Death)
30 Bays Building, Sector 17, Chandigarh
Supporting Documents required:
- Birth/Death Registration
- Primary Info Report(Mandatory)
- Any Other Attachment (Optional)
Addition of Name of Child in Birth certificates
- Application cum self-declaration from parent or guardian (Mandatory)
- Birth Certificate in original/ photocopy (Mandatory)
- School certificate or passport or driving license or any other document on which date of birth and name is mentioned (Attested copy) or self-declaration for child less than 5 year (Mandatory)
Corrections in Birth/ Death certificates Application (Mandatory)
- Self Declaration (Describe the reason of correction) under state rule 11 (Mandatory)
- Witnesses of two credible persons like Sarpanch/ Panch/ Municipal Councilor/ MLA/ MP or Gazetted Officer under state rule 11 (Mandatory)
- Birth/Death Certificate in original/photocopy (Mandatory)
- Report of hospital/Nursing home in case of institutional delivery (Mandatory for Birth)
- School certificate of child/Father/Mother in case of correction in their name (Mandatory)
- School certificate of deceased (Mandatory for Death)
- Copy of post mortem report and FIR in accidental/ suicide/ murder cases (Mandatory for Death)
- Copy of Bank Passbook (Optional)
- Copy of Passport (Optional)
- Copy of Driving License (Optional for Birth)
- Copy of report of cremation ground or immersion of ashes or Bhogda card or antim ardas (Optional for Death)
- Copy of Property papers or insurance policy (Optional for Death)