About This File
APPLICATION FOR ADVANCE FROM GPF FUND / CPF FUND
RULE-12:ADVANCES FROM THE FUND
12. Advances from the fund -
(1) The appropriate sanctioning authority may sanction the payment to any subscriber of an advance consisting of a sum of whole rupees and not exceeding in amount three months' pay or half the amount standing to his credit in the Fund, whichever is less, for one or more of the follow- ing purposes:-
(1-A) The President may, in special circumstances, sanction the payment to any subscriber of an advance if he is satisfied that the subscriber concerned requires the advance for reasons other than those mentioned in sub-rule (1).
(2) An advance shall not, except for special reasons to be recorded in writing, be granted to any subscriber in excess of the limit laid down in sub-rule (1) or until repayment of the last instalment of any previous advance.
(3) When an advance is sanctioned under sub-rule (2) before repayment of last instalment of any previous advance is completed, the balance of any previous advance not recovered shall be added to the advance so sanctioned and the instalments for recovery shall be fixed with reference to the consolidated amount.
(4) After sanctioning the advance, the amount shall be drawn on an authorization from the Accounts Officer in case where the application for final payment had been forwarded to the Accounts Officer under Clause (ii) of sub-rule (3) of Rule 34.
NOTE 1.- For the purpose of this rule, pay includes dearness pay where admissible.
NOTE 2.- The appropriate sanctioning authority for the purpose of this rule is specified in the Fifth Schedule.
NOTE 3.- A subscriber shall be permitted to take an advance once in every six months under item ( of sub-rule (1) of Rule 12.
1. Inserted vide Notification No. 20 (2)/92-P. & P.W (E)/(A), dated the 28th December, 1995, published as S.O. No. 379 in the Gazette of India, dated the 10th February, 1996.
2. Inserted videNotification No.13/1/06-P& PW(F), dated the 20th November, 2006, published as S.O. No.2689 in the Gazette of India, dated the 22nd September, 2009.
What's New in Version See changelog
No changelog available for this version.