About This File
1. Government deductors to fill information in item I if tax is paid without production of an income-tax challan and in item II if tax is paid accompanied by an income-tax challan.
2. Non-Government deductors to fill information in item II.
3. The deductor shall furnish the address of the Commissioner of Income-tax (TDS) having jurisdiction as regards TDS statements of the assessee.
4. If an assessee is employed under one employer only during the year, certificate in Form No. 16 issued for the quarter ending on 31st March of the financial year shall contain the details of tax deducted and deposited for all the quarters of the financial year.
5. If an assessee is employed under more than one employer during the year, each of the employers shall issue Part A of the certificate in Form No. 16 pertaining to the period for which such assessee was employed with each of the employers. Part B (Annexure) of the certificate in Form No.16 may be issued by each of the employers or the last employer at the option of the assessee.
6. In items I and II, in column for tax deposited in respect of deductee, furnish total amount of TDS and education cess.